Friday, September 9, 2016

Ona Rex BASE

I wrote about my friend Ashley's clothing and accessories brand Ona Rex back in December and since then things have been going from strength to strength with her SS16 collection and now BASE which just launched last week.

I was blown away when I saw the images from the lookbook, it really encapsulates the high end urban feel that inspires Ashley.  I wanted to know what the inspiration was behind the collection so I asked her to share her thoughts with me. BASE is the Ona Rex version of a "basics" collection, but not so basic basics. Ashley wanted to bring back some of her bestsellers from her previous BASE collections but in updated fabrics and a monochromatic colour palette so that they can integrate seamlessly into the wearers existing wardrobe.

Denim inspired the nostalgic, athletic feel to the collection which is apparent with the unisex Rex Pullover, a familiar nineties silhouette updated with the fresh fabric and Ona Rex patch on the back (a detail I absolutely adore, seriously, how cool is this piece?)

The Warren Snap Jersey is another unisex design which draws inspiration from vintage baseball jerseys but again the fabric completely transforms the piece into something so modern and wearable. The Trapeze and Meridian Dresses have returned with their flattering, easy to wear shapes that can be dressed up or down, with heels or runners. These dresses are those wardrobe staples that you could bring out for any occasion.

The Ruth Pant continues the theme of athleticism meets glamour with the sportswear inspired elasticated waist and contrasting stripe. The pants are tailored and in a linen fabric that make them that perfect mix of smart and casual.

The collection contains one accessory and that's the Galaxy Necklace, a stunning piece of hand sculpted acrylic on an 18K gold snake chain. This is another piece that was brought back from previous collections and is such a beautifully unique statement accessory. I actually have a Galaxy Brooch which Ashley kindly sent me as a gift and it's even more amazing in person.

I can't get over what a gifted designer Ashley is, I can only imagine to amount of work that goes into a collection like this. I hope you love the lookbook as much as I do. I adore the styling, photography, make up, everything. Congratulations to everyone involved in bringing Ashley's vision to life. 


ONA_REX_LOOKBOOK-1 ONA_REX_LOOKBOOK-2 ONA_REX_LOOKBOOK-3 ONA_REX_LOOKBOOK-4 ONA_REX_LOOKBOOK-5 ONA_REX_LOOKBOOK-6 ONA_REX_LOOKBOOK-7 ONA_REX_LOOKBOOK-9 ONA_REX_LOOKBOOK-10 ONA_REX_LOOKBOOK-11 ONA_REX_LOOKBOOK-12 ONA_REX_LOOKBOOK-13 ONA_REX_LOOKBOOK-14 ONA_REX_LOOKBOOK-15

What do you think of the collection? Do you have a favourite piece? 

You can follow Ona Rex on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter

Emma x


Lookbook Credits: 

Photography: Brett Warren Photography
Assistant: Ryan Smallhands
Beauty: Jessica Arnholt
Model: Cassidy with Amax Talent
Jewellery: Portmanteau Jewelry Collection






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...