Thursday, November 10, 2016

The Sun Shines Down, You Came Around, You Love The Easy Days

Since I started my new job a year ago I've found that I'm finally figuring out my style. In my previous job, we had to wear clothes and accessories (a minimum of 3 to be exact, which always reminds me of Office Space and the "flair") from the shop which meant that although we got a reasonable discount I still ended up spending a large portion of my wages on my "uniform" which meant there was very little leftover for spending elsewhere.

Now that I no longer have to buy my uniform I've found I'm experimenting with my clothes a lot more and trying things I never have before just because I can. There are days though when I just want to keep it simple and minimal with one statement piece like these leopard print brogues. 


LPS2 LPS18 LPS10 LPS17 LPS5 LPS12
Photos by Simon
Coat- H&M (similar here, here and here)
Shirt- H&M
Trousers- ASOS (similar here and here)
Shoes- ASOS (similar here and here)
Earrings- Topshop
Bag- Accessorize (similar here here and here)
Lipstick- Urban Decay Disturbed (review here)
Nails- Champneys

I bought these high waisted wide leg cropped trousers thinking they probably wouldn't suit me but I wanted to try them anyway and I was suprised my how much I like them. They're a wool mix so I've been wearing them a lot in the cold weather and they work really well with brogues or boot or runners. This H&M boyfriend coat I featured on the blog about 2 years ago and at €29.99 it's one of the best style investments I've ever made. I love the classic cut of this coat, it's one of those styles that would suit anyone.

Leopard print is very obviously hotter than ever and I couldn't be happier. I have always adored leopard print, particularly in the form of accessories. I got these shoes last year on ASOS, there are plenty of similar options available at the moment, I've linked to some that I really like above. Printed shoes are such a great way to update your Winter wardrobe or make a simple outfit something more special. I also love all of the velvet, metallic and embroidered shoes and boots at the moment.

As you can see from the links above, most of these items are no longer in stock because I bought them all a while ago. I find that with sharing my personal style online there can be a pressure to constantly have new things, but what I love is finding new ways to wear things I already own. My main goal with a post like this is to offer inspiration to anyone who reads it. I'm tall and curvy and I do struggle to find things that suit me and that I feel comfortable in sometimes. For me that's what it's all about, feeling comfortable and stylish no matter what shape and size you are and to not be afraid to experiment as long as it takes to figure out what works for you. Hopefully I can be of some inspiration, even if it's that you don't like my style!

You may have noticed (if you don't already follow me on Instagram) that I recently had a significant amount of hair chopped off. I felt it was time for a big change after having very long hair for the past two years. I was nervous to finally go for it because any time I've had my hair cut shorter I have hated it. This time was different because I went to see my favourite hair stylist Carolin Zinck who has never let me down. She cut my hair exactly the way I wanted it with long hidden layers. I'm blown away every time she cuts my hair. If you're living in Dublin and looking for a great stylist for curly hair or any hair for that matter, I honestly can't speak more highly of her, she's got the gift. I'm so happy with my hair right now I'm having a lot more fun styling it than when it was long (and it's so much easier to maintain), so if you're thinking about going for the chop, my advice is just go for it, it'll always grow back!

Finally I wanted to ask for some help with new bloggers to follow, honestly it's been difficult especially with style bloggers to find people I can relate to and who inspire me. There are a few ladies I've found through Instagram recently who have been reigniting my love for fashion and style blogging and perhaps I'll share them in a separate post for you but I'm always on the lookout for more if you have any suggestions.

Emma x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...